Zolpidem contains an active ingredient Zolpidem. This ingredient is added to many modern sleeping-pills. It helps a human to fall asleep easily. The mechanism of the action of Zolpidem is explained by its ability to bind to some benzodiazepine receptors and receptors of gamma-aminobutyric acid. A special action to these receptors causes a sedative, myorelaxing, and soporific effect. Therefore, people taking Zolpidem quickly fall asleep and have a good rest.
|Drug Name||Doses||Per Pill||Visit Pharmacy|
|Generic Zolpidem||10 mg||$2.51||GO PHARMACY|
Zolpidem (Ambien) is used by people who have a bad sleep and insomnia. The drug has a short period of action but it has been specially developed for easy sleeping and to help to take a good rest at night. After the use of the drug, a complete relaxation occurs within 15-20 minutes, and sleepiness appears, and a patient falls asleep. The drug is quickly taken by the body and is also quickly excreted from the body. Therefore, patients seldom have side effects during the use of Zolpidem. It is not accumulated in the tissues and blood plasma, and so it is harmless.
What does Zolpidem do?
- Cuts time of falling asleep
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces number of awakenings
- Causes a complete relaxation
A method of application of Zolpidem (Ambien) is simple. You should take a pill 10 mg 30 minutes before sleeping. It is better if 2 hours pass between dinner and the use of the drug. This way, the action will be started faster.Every pill of Zolpidem 10 mg should be taken with some water. If you have taken the medicine, go to bed within 10-15 minutes, and be ready for sleeping. This way, the body will be relaxed and you will quickly fall asleep. One pill of Zolpidem 10 mg is enough per day. This dose helps to sleep tight, have 8-hour-sleep and get up fresh. A slight increase of the dose may cause fatigue, lack of energy the next day.
Aged and fragile patients should start the treatment from a dose of 5 mg per day. And in case of a good tolerance of the medicine, a daily dose may be increased up to 10 mg.The pills are taken for a short period – 3-5 days. In case of the chronic insomnia (especially associated with a psychologic disorder), the medicine may be taken within 4 weeks but not more.
- In spite of a seldom development of the side effects, Zolpidem is not so good. This is a strong sleeping medicine and a long-term use in high doses may cause a development of the medical and psychological addiction
- A sudden cessation of the therapy after a long-term treatment of insomnia may cause a development of spasms and other side effects. Therefore, if you have taken Zolpidem for more than 2 weeks, a cessation should be little by little
- Alcohol increases the action of Zolpidem, and so an alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited during the treatment. This rule is also applied to medicines that provide an inhibiting action on the central nervous system
It is established that insignificant increase of the dose may cause a development of the overdose symptoms. The apparent overdose symptoms are impaired consciousness (from confusion and lethargy to coma), ataxia, lowering blood pressure, and respiratory depression. Respiratory and cardiovascular symptoms appear more often and may be very dangerous. Therefore, if these symptoms take place, see a doctor as soon as possible.